Tips for a Successful Conference Call
Select the type of conference call to best meet your needs. Our account team members and reservationists (1-800-967-2005) can help you with your selection.
Provide all participants with the key information: time (in the correct time zone); date; conference number; and passcode (if required).
Participants that do not have the correct conference number may join a call by providing a reservationist (1-800-967-2005, choice 1) with the name of the conference call host or company name/title.
Here are some additional tips to make your call a success:
- If the conference is an attended/Meet-Me call, know the host name and title of your call.
- If the conference is an automated/Passcode call, remember to enter the passcode followed by the # key when joining the call.
- To help ensure a prompt start time for your call, direct participants to dial into the conference center a few minutes early for operator assisted calls. For Operator Dial Out calls, participants should anticipate a call from the operator a few minutes prior to the start of the conference.
- Ask participants not actively participating in the call to use their telephones mute button, as background noise can be distracting (computer printers, ringing telephones, side conversations, etc.
- Introduce yourself before speaking.
- Hold your conference in a quiet location; avoid heavily trafficked areas and noise-producing equipment near the speakerphone.
- If your office telephone system plays "music on hold", do not put your line on hold as music will be heard on the main conference call.
- For regularly scheduled calls, make set up and participation easy by requesting a Standing Reservation. Calls can be arranged two years in advance. You can also sign up for a MyConferenceSM account.